Healthy Chicken Fajitas January 12 2015, 0 Comments
Looking for a healthy way to enjoy chicken fajitas or looking for a way to spice up your chicken meals. Fajitas are one of the best and quickest recipes for chicken because the spices take really well to the meat and it only takes 20 mins to cook. Brilliant for a quick meal.
Ingredients For Healthy Chicken Fajitas
1 x Onion
1 x Pepper
Garlic Powder – ¼ tsp (I sometimes crush/chop real garlic up and put it in at the start with the chicken as an alternative)
Onion Powder – ¼ tsp
Cumin – ¼ tsp
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Paprika – 1 tsp
Low Sodium Salt (optional) – ½ tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil / Coconut Oil
Wholemeal Wraps – 2 each (depending on size)
Unlimited Salad - tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber
Simple Salsa - Drained chopped tomatoes
Cooking time: 20 mins
1. Slice up the chicken breast, I like my chicken in long thin chunks so I slice along the longest edge of the breast.
2. Slice up the Pepper and Onion, again my preference is for long strings but you can dice it up too.
1. Add the Olive oil/Coconut oil to a frying pan, warm it up to a medium heat and add the chicken.
2. After cooking for 3-5 mins add the pepper and onions
3. Add your spices to the frying pan and stir/flip to spread them evenly.
4. After another 3-5 mins turn the heat down to a low heat.
5. Cook until the chicken is nice and white with a little tinge of brown. (If in doubt cut the largest piece in half and check the inside is cooked through.
Serve with the wraps, unlimited salad and the simple salsa.
Adaptations for Diet Goals
Depending on your diet goals you can have up to 1 or more chicken breasts per person. I know for my diet when in an active bulking phase I will be having at least 1 chicken breast for me. This recipe lets me get a high amount of protein and quality carbohydrates without a load of fat. The only fat added is in the oil and even that can be used sparingly or swapped for 1 calorie oil spray if you are keen to cut it out.
Let us know if you tried this out or if you enjoy healthy chicken fajitas as part of your diet! Be sure to check out our great value, packs of chicken and turkey.